Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Singer

The lights dimmed, 
hiding her eyes in shadows 
as she grips the 
microphone in 
one hand and 
sings, 
making others' words 
and songs and 
emotions 
hers
letting it 
take her away and 
transport the 
enraptured listeners 
to another 
world.

Sorry I haven't been posting lately! Summer heat and laziness must be getting to me. Last night, we went to a restaurant where our family friends' daughter performs every month or so. Anyways, I want to dedicate this to Emily and the Bluecallers (you guys are amazing!), and my two friends who are both awesome singers, Gabby and Emma. 
If you haven't noticed, there's a new page on this blog! On that page, you can put up things you think would be a good topic for me to write about. It could be a photo, a website, an article, whatever! I'll definitely credit you for the idea. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment