Saturday, November 7, 2015

impromptu prompts: after the storm

after the storm
I wished myself to 
water

to meld
with the puddles in sidewalk 
cracks

I guess I was never
meant to turn myself to 
stone

as attempts to reach
upwards were struck down by 
static

head ringing 
with the absence of resonating
thunder


-----------

hello from university! it's been so long since I've touched this blog...
I've been trying to write more often, I've started NaNoWriMo in order to give myself motivation to create an interactive fiction game adaptation of a short story I wrote. 
I've also been doodle/poetry journaling in a little moleskine I got over the summer, and it's been a goal to create at least one page of something every day. granted, I haven't been the greatest at it....
but they do come up with some interesting prompts, and so I'm starting a series on this blog called "impromptu prompts" which will just be expanded versions of thoughts I have in my moleskine.

No comments:

Post a Comment