Sunday, April 24, 2011

For The Birds

Birds remind me
of people:
flocking together
when their feathers 
are alike,
yet each and every
plumage and
personality is 
unique.

But they don't go
creating trouble they
know they can 
go without,
or take what they
don't need.

Maybe our world
really is for the
birds;
they're definitely better
than some humans.


I went to the Reifel Bird Sanctuary, where there are fascinatingly different species living there than in Toronto. I fed a lot of the birds there, and probably about 80% were some sort of waterfowl (ducks, coots, geese, grebes, etc.) When I was watching their behaviour, they really did remind me of people... but considering how some people treat the world, maybe the birds are much better behaved, don't you think?  



No comments:

Post a Comment