Monday, June 6, 2011

Remembering The Good

Sometimes we are 
so wrapped up 
in a small pessimistic 
world that we 
focus on the 
good-bye, 
the bitter parting 
that we forget 
to thanks 
the things and 
wonderful experiences
that made this 
farewell so hard 
to do.

My favourite bookstore "The Flying Dragon" is closing at the end of the month, and I'm sad. But reading the sign they put up, they placed a little quote from A.A Milne (the author of Winnie the Pooh) that cheered me up (and inspired this poem) "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying good bye so hard." I really like that quote, as it shows you that we shouldn't dwell on the bad but realize and thank the good. With graduation coming up, I think the quote also fits in quite well with the bittersweet moment of leaving my middle school and going to high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment