Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Splash Of Chalky Colour

Evening light shines
between the wires;
the sun warming up
the slowly cooling air
as bugs and birds
fly and crawl quickly
back home
before night falls
and other creatures
reign
the cement and
trees.
We crouch on
our hands and knees,
chalk dust covering
our fingers
and the surrounding grass,
creating a
splash of colour on
the monotonous, grey
cement
as we spend
the dwindling sunlight
together.


I was drawing with chalk with my brother, which was a lot of fun. I've always liked chalk, as they give me a zen feeling of enjoying my temporary artwork. I was in a photographic mood, so I took some photos of our artwork on the curbs and the twilight. My personal favourite is the one on the very top. Enjoy the nice weather while we have it!



No comments:

Post a Comment