Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Day 12: Stranger's Perspective

(This was really really hard, and I'm not even sure why. Excuse the tardiness of this poem and the quality. Dedicated to that one guy who I caught staring at me when I was taking pictures downtown.)


Walking down the 
street, 
feeling weighed down 
with the humidity 
of the summer air
and lightened 
by the smoke that 
filled my lungs 
and core, 
a curious figure cuts 
the scene of 
bustling people
with a camera 
in hand 
stock still
in the middle of the sidewalk. 

I gaze at her, 
carefully, 
cautiously, 
so as not to bore 
into her, 
watch as she's enveloped 
in the scene behind 
her viewfinder.

Her eyes 
flicker to mine, 
and I drop my gaze, 
rushing past her, 
though I'm stuck wondering 
what made her stop 
on a hot mid-summer afternoon 
to capture in 
her camera.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment